Melbourne Festival reserves the right to change any element of a performance sales structure, including but not limited to reserves and pricing, at any time and without notice.
REFUNDS & EXCHANGES
Melbourne Festival regrets that it is not possible to refund completed bookings, except as required by law or in accordance with the LPA Ticketing Code of Conduct. Exchanges are only permitted to another performance of the same event. Any exchanges must be made at the original point of sale and may be subject to exchange fees.
FEES & CHARGES
Ticket prices for events listed in this program guide are inclusive of GST & credit card charges.
Depending upon the ticketing agent and the method of purchase, a booking or transaction fee may apply. Booking and transaction fees can be viewed here.
If a breakdown of the GST paid is required, a tax invoice can be requested for completed bookings from the ticketing agent they were sold through.
Concession prices are available to:
- Children aged 16 years and under
- Full-time Students (including International Students)
- Victorian Carer Card holders
- Health Care Card holders
- Media, Entertainment & Arts Alliance members
Proof of concession eligibility is required at point of sale and upon entering venues.
Please note: Black Rider concession prices are only available to:
- Health Care Card holders
- Media, Entertainment & Arts Alliance members
BABES IN ARMS
For most events children under 24 months old may attend free of charge on the condition they do not occupy a seat and they sit on the lap of a parent or guardian.
Excluded events are All of My Friends Were There, The Exhibition of a Film, The Festival of Questions, In Plan, More Up a Tree, Survival Skills for Desperate Times, Taylor Mac: A 24-Decade History of Popular Music and Taylor Mac: The Wrap.
Companion Cards are honoured—see here for details.
SELECT & SAVE PACKAGES
You must purchase tickets to three or more applicable performances in one transaction to qualify for the discount. The following events are ineligible for discount packages: Black Rider, The Festival of Questions, House of Mirrors, Survival Skills for Desperate Times and Taylor Mac: A 24-Decade History of Popular Music.
Discount packages only apply to A Reserve and General Admission tickets within the Festival dates, and can only be purchased through this website. No further discounts apply.
You must purchase tickets to three or more applicable matinee performances in one transaction to qualify for the discount. Matinee package discounts only apply to performances within the Festival dates, and can only be purchased through this website. No further discounts apply.
These events are excluded from the groups pricing: All of My Friends Were There, Black Rider, Double Manual, The Exhibition of a Film, The Festival of Questions, Glories of the French Baroque, House of Mirrors, More up a Tree, Survival Skills for Desperate Times, Taylor Mac: A 24-Decade History of Popular Music and Turning Point.
A limited allocation of $30 tickets are available for people 30 years and under for most events. These tickets are not available in the Premium price reserve.
Under 30s pay $35 per ticket for Black Rider
Under 30s pay $199 per ticket for Taylor Mac: A 24-Decade History of Popular Music
Tickets can only be collected at the box office and proof of age must be shown. Refer to individual event pages to see where this discount is applicable and for booking details.
A limited allocation of $30 tickets are available for people 60 years and over for All the Sex I’ve Ever Had.
In consideration of performers and other patrons at indoor Festival performances, please note: The Festival reserves the right to exclude latecomers or to admit them only at a suitable point in the performance. The use of mobile phones or any gadgets which make noise during performances is not permitted. The use of cameras and other recording equipment constitutes a breach of copyright and is prohibited.
Every effort has been made to ensure program details are correct, however details are subject to change where necessary and without notice.
If you have a complaint, please send us a message in writing via our online form or via mail to PO Box 10, Flinders Lane, Victoria 8009. Complaints will be responded to in writing within 48 business hours.
TERMS OF SALE
Please read these Terms of Sale prior to purchasing a ticket for any event (Event) promoted or presented by the Melbourne International Festival of the Arts Limited (ACN 058 535 863) (MF). By purchasing a ticket to an event promoted or presented by MF (a Ticket), you are agreeing to these Terms of Sale.
Tickets are sold or issued subject to the Live Performance Australia Ticketing Code of Practice (Consumer Code) (the LPA Code). A copy of the LPA Code can be obtained by visiting www.liveperformance.com.au (click here for a direct link to LPA Code).
All of the terms below are subject to (and will be over-ridden by, to the extent of any inconsistency):
- the terms of the LPA Code;
- the terms of any statute that cannot be excluded. Nothing in the terms below restricts, excludes or modifies or purports to restrict, exclude or modify any statutory consumer rights under any applicable law including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
Conditions of purchase
- Once a Ticket has been purchased, no refunds or exchanges will be given except as set out in the LPA Code or where otherwise required by law.
- Tickets are valid only when purchased from MF, the Event venue or an authorised agent of MF. MF has the right to immediately cancel any ticket promoted, advertised or sold in breach of this condition without compensation to you.
- Where a Ticket is purchased through an Event venue or an authorised agent of MF, you agree to be bound by these Terms of Sale and any additional terms and conditions imposed by the Event venue or authorised agent.
- You must not re-sell or offer to re-sell any Ticket at a premium or use any Ticket for advertising, promotional or other commercial purposes (including without limitation as a prize in a competition) without the prior written consent of MF. MF may deny entry to the bearer of a Ticket acquired in breach of this condition without compensation.
- MF makes no representations or warranties as to the availability of any Event sessions offered and may vary advertised programs, prices, venues, seating arrangements and audience capacity without notice to you.
Conditions of attendance
- MF and the relevant Event venue reserve the right of admission.
- Without limiting clause 6, MF or the relevant Event venue may refuse entry or require you to leave the Event if your Ticket has been cancelled, is not valid or has been defaced or damaged.
- MF and the relevant Event venue may impose additional specific conditions in relation to entry or attendance to a particular Event.
- Patrons arriving late to an Event will not be admitted into the venue until a suitable break in the Event and will be seated at the discretion of management.
- Without limiting clause 6, MF or the relevant Event venue may refuse entry or require you to leave the Event if you engage in offensive or inappropriate behaviour at an Event, including but not limited to by wearing or otherwise displaying any commercial, political, religious or offensive signage or logos.
- Without limiting clause 6, MF or the relevant Event venue may refuse entry or require you to leave the Event if you breach these Terms of Sale or any terms and conditions of the Event venue.
- You must turn off any mobile telephones, pagers and similar equipment in your possession before entry into an Event.
- You must not bring a camera or other recording device (other than a mobile telephone) into an Event, and you are strictly prohibited from broadcasting, narrowcasting or recording any Events (including without limitation on a mobile telephone) without the prior written consent of MF.
- You agree that you may be filmed, taped, interviewed, photographed or recorded while attending an Event, and you consent to MF or third parties engaged by MF filming, taping, interviewing, photographing or recording you. You further agree that MF may use, publish, edit, incorporate or otherwise exploit any materials produced under this clause for any purpose (and authorise others to do the same) without further reference to you.
- Without prejudice to any other rights which MF or the Event venue may have, if you contravene any of these Terms of Sale you may:
- be refused entry to, or removed from, the venue;
- have your Ticket confiscated and/or cancelled without refund or recompense; and
- be disqualified from purchasing tickets for or entering into other Events.
- If you are refused entry to an Event for any reason then in accordance with these Terms of Sale, no refund will be paid.
- You are responsible for your own safety and property when attending an Event, and to the extent permitted by law you release MF and its officers, directors, employees, consultants, licensors, suppliers and agents from any liability for any claim, damage, injury or loss you may suffer in relation to your attendance at an Event, howsoever caused, including without limitation due to any negligence or other act or omission of MF.
- You will indemnify MF and its officers, directors, employees, consultants, licensors, suppliers and agents against any claim, loss, injury or damage suffered by any of them as a result of your wilful, reckless or negligent act or omission at or in connection with an Event or as a result of a breach by you of these Terms of Sale.
- Except as set out in the LPA Code or under any relevant statutory provision that cannot be excluded, MF is not liable (including in negligence) for any claim, damage, compensation, loss or expense that may be suffered or incurred as a result of an Event being cancelled, postponed or changed.
- Personal arrangements including travel, subsistence and accommodation relating to an Event which have been arranged by you are at your own risk.
- You agree that your use of any MF website to purchase a Ticket is, so far as permissible under any relevant statute, at your own risk. To the extent permitted by law, MF excludes all liability (including without limitation in negligence) for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential loss arising out of or in connection with your use of any MF website or any associated payment process, and makes no representation or warranty as to the operation or functionality of any MF website or any associated payment process.
Tickets purchased through the Melbourne Festival website
- All prices are quoted in Australian dollars and include GST. Ticket purchases may include an amount payable for carbon offset and booking fee as listed on the relevant MF website.
- You must maintain the confidentiality of your account details for any MF website and take all reasonable steps to prevent unauthorised access.
- You warrant that any purchase made using your account for an MF website is made in your own right or with full authority. You will indemnify MF and its officers, directors, employees, consultants, licensors, suppliers and agents from all or any claims made by any persons claiming such transactions to be unauthorised.
- These Terms of Sale are governed by the laws of Victoria, Australia. In the event of any dispute, you submit irrevocably to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts having jurisdiction in Victoria.